Practice-Areas-Pendente Lite Support & Counsel Fees

Pendente Lite Support & Counsel Fees

Very often in divorce cases the two spouses have disparate incomes.

The law in New York is set up to level the playing field, so that the spouse who has greater access to financial resources (the “monied spouse”) cannot use their money to gain an advantage in the divorce.

Early on in a divorce, the spouse with the lower income may be eligible to receive temporary (“pendente lite”) support and money to help pay their counsel fees. This can either be achieved through negotiation or by making a motion to the court.
New York City212.681.6400Garden City516.858.2115
Please contact us online or call 212.681.6400 or 516.858.2115 to learn more about contested and uncontested divorce from our experienced attorneys in either the Manhattan or Long Island Office.

Legal Practice Areas

International Child Abduction
Family Law
International Family Law
Post Judgment